Module Code: CO4607
Credit Value: 10 credits
- To link key business and management concepts with the technological skills development in other modules.
- To study the business environment and strategy formulation for e-business.
- To raise awareness of the need to evaluate e-business projects for return on investment.
- To develop managers who have a sound grasp of the commercial issues as well as the technical aspects of e-business.
This module studies the use of the internet to conduct business electronically. The commercial application of the internet has grown rapidly in recent years and the technological and business environment remains dynamic. This module adopts a critical, strategic approach to business and the use of the internet.An overview of E-Business
- Analysing the business environment
- Organisation structures and processes
- Formulating strategy
- Developing internet strategy
- Pure internet business
- Bricks and mortar businesses using the internet
- Winning customer confidence to order/pay for goods and services over the internet
- Strategies to attract and keep customers
- Web design, management and maintenance
- Marketing intermediaries e.g. search engines, advertising agents
- Exchanging information
- Supply chain management
- Transactions and auctions
- Developing a business plan
- Forecasting costs and revenues
- Evaluating profitability
- Globalisation, security, legal and tax issues
On successful completion of this module a student will be able to:
- Analyse the important factors in a business environment.
- Identify and justify clear objectives, formulate company and marketing strategies, and evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of e-business for such strategies.
- Assess the likely costs, revenues and profitability of e-business
- Critically evaluate new projects and new developments in e-business